REQUIRED SUMMER MATH ASSIGNMENT FOR ALL ALMS 8TH GRADERS - June 2014
Dear Parents/Guardians of an 8th grader graduating and attending New Rochelle High School in the Fall 2014:
The Mathematics Department at New Rochelle High School requires all students to complete the Summer 2014 Mathematics assignment prior to the start of school in the Fall 2014. The assignment will be posted, by math course, on the New Rochelle School website at the end the school year in June 2014 at the following link:
I am communicating this information with the hope that your child puts forth the effort this summer and enters high school prepared for the Fall 2014. Best wishes for continued success in the New Rochelle mathematics program going forward.
Sincerely, John T. Pratt, Math/Tech Department Chair, Albert Leonard Middle School
Important Update from our CSDNR Health department:
New York State Dept. of Health (NYSDOH) has released new immunization requirements for school entry in September 2014. The students most effected are Kindergarten students and 6th grade Middle School Students. If you have any questions please contact the CSDNR Health office (914) 576-4264. Please click on the links below for important details.
6th grade Immunization
Notice to Parents
NYS DOH Immunization letter
FALL 2014 SPORTS NOTICE - Students entering 9th grade:
- 8th Grade Students who wish to participate in the Fall 2014 sports program at NRHS, must have a physical exam along with an Interval Athletic Health History form.
- 8th Grade Students should pick up the Health Appraisal and Interval Athletic Health History forms from the School Nurse. These forms can be mailed or faxed back to NRHS Health Office.(914-632-4232). Forms must be received by August 15. Please indicate which Sport you are interested in playing. The NRHS Health Office will be closed July and August except for 7/28, 7/29, 7/30 and 8/13, 8/14, 8/15.
- If the required forms are not received by August 15th, students will not be able to participate in sports try-outs or practice sessions which begin August 18.
- The necessary Health Appraisal and Interval forms can be accessed at District Resources / Health Services Dept./ Sports Forms). Speak to your School Nurse BEFORE SCHOOL ENDS with any questions.
CSDNR CLOUD Information:
To CSDNR Parents & Guardians for Students in Grades 3-12
In order better to support teaching, learning and communications with your child(ren) in Grades 3-12 we
will be providing a secure CSDNR Google for Education email accounts for your child
. This email
account will be utilized in the CSDNR CLOUD
and students will only be able to communicate with
CSDNR teachers and with other CSDNR students who have nredlearn.org accounts. It is secure,
monitored, and safe.
Inside the CSDNR CLOUD students will be able to utilize secured email, word processing,
spreadsheets, presentation software, virtual storage, eBooks, wiki's, instructional software and
discussion boards-all secured and inside the CSDNR CLOUD. Students will not be able to email or
communicate outside the CSDNR CLOUD. Students will be monitored to make sure that they utilize
these tools responsibly and for the purpose of teaching, learning and communications. Access to email,
discussion boards, and virtual projects, will give students more opportunities to practice reading,
writing, research and communication skills. It will also provide students who are shy and have a
question, to communicate with their teachers through email. In addition, students using Google Docs
can electronically send their writing, presentations and projects to their teachers for feedback.
If you do not want your child to participate in this program, you can opt out by writing a note to your
building Principal stating that you do not wish your child(ren) to have a CSDNR Google for Education
If you choose to opt out, understand your child(ren) will be given the instructional
resources in a paper format and still be required to complete all assigned work.
We are excited to move instruction to a more 21st Century model for Grades 3-12 and extend learning
in a more digital way. We invite you to review the CSDNR CLOUD at www.nredlearn.org.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact:
Dr. Coleman, Director of Technology, Email: email@example.com
En Espanol click here
Web-based Resources - Instructions for Students
We are pleased to provide students with access to Successmaker and Castle Learning. Please use the following instructions when logging on both from home and at school.
To log on to the SuccessMaker Student Interface and launch an assignment:
1. Open your browser and go to http://albertleonard.nred.org
2. Hover over your mouse cursor over "Student" and a menu will open. Click on "Successmaker" on the bottom of that menu.
3. On the "Log In" page, enter your Username (Student ID) and Password (Student ID), and then click "Log In."
4. Click your course's name on the "Assignments"page to launch the assignment.
To exit an assignment and log off the Student Interface:
1. Click the X (Close) to exit your course and preserve your session data.
2. Click "Log "Out" on the Student Interface page to log off SuccessMaker.
1. Go to www.castlelearning.com
2. Enter your child's CLO login ID and password* and click the Sign In button. *Note: If your child has not set a password, leave the password field blank for the first time and click Sign In. Then, follow the steps to create a password.
3. Assignments from teachers will appear near the top of the page under the section labeled Your Classes.
4. To generate an assignment without a teacher, select a Course to review in the middle of the Student Home Page and click the GO button. Once the screen refreshes your child can create an activity or review completed work.
5. Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ALMS - Common Core Learning Standards Power Point presentation
ALMS PTA meeting click here