The next Family Fitness Night is scheduled for Tuesday, October 28, from 7 - 8 pm
. We will be getting fit with CrossFit! Bring the whole family to the ALMS Gymnasium for an hour of fun and fitness!
Click here for the ALMS Extra Help Schedule!
Extra Help Schedule.pdf
New Rochelle School District Presents: Digital Safety Summit!
Learn about the Risks and Benefits of Social Media.
A Free Informative Session for all Parents K-12.
Thursday, October 23rd, 7-9pm, Whitney Young Auditorium, NRHS.
Free bus transportation available and free childcare for elementary school age children. If interested, RSVP to NewRoSummit@gmail.com or your PTA president or school principal.
See attached flyer in English and Spanish
Please see link below for ALMS Co-Curricular Schedule 2014-2015.
Co-Curricular Schedule 2014.pdf
Important Update from our CSDNR Health department:
New York State Dept. of Health (NYSDOH) has released new immunization requirements for school entry in September 2014. The students most effected are Kindergarten students and 6th grade Middle School Students. If you have any questions please contact the CSDNR Health office (914) 576-4264. Please click on the links below for important details.
6th grade Immunization
Notice to Parents
NYS DOH Immunization letter
CSDNR CLOUD Information:
To CSDNR Parents & Guardians for Students in Grades 3-12
In order better to support teaching, learning and communications with your child(ren) in Grades 3-12 we
will be providing a secure CSDNR Google for Education email accounts for your child
. This email
account will be utilized in the CSDNR CLOUD
and students will only be able to communicate with
CSDNR teachers and with other CSDNR students who have nredlearn.org accounts. It is secure,
monitored, and safe.
Inside the CSDNR CLOUD students will be able to utilize secured email, word processing,
spreadsheets, presentation software, virtual storage, eBooks, wiki's, instructional software and
discussion boards-all secured and inside the CSDNR CLOUD. Students will not be able to email or
communicate outside the CSDNR CLOUD. Students will be monitored to make sure that they utilize
these tools responsibly and for the purpose of teaching, learning and communications. Access to email,
discussion boards, and virtual projects, will give students more opportunities to practice reading,
writing, research and communication skills. It will also provide students who are shy and have a
question, to communicate with their teachers through email. In addition, students using Google Docs
can electronically send their writing, presentations and projects to their teachers for feedback.
If you do not want your child to participate in this program, you can opt out by writing a note to your
building Principal stating that you do not wish your child(ren) to have a CSDNR Google for Education
If you choose to opt out, understand your child(ren) will be given the instructional
resources in a paper format and still be required to complete all assigned work.
We are excited to move instruction to a more 21st Century model for Grades 3-12 and extend learning
in a more digital way. We invite you to review the CSDNR CLOUD at www.nredlearn.org.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact:
Dr. Coleman, Director of Technology, Email: email@example.com
En Espanol click here
Web-based Resources - Instructions for Students
We are pleased to provide students with access to Successmaker and Castle Learning. Please use the following instructions when logging on both from home and at school.
To log on to the SuccessMaker Student Interface and launch an assignment:
1. Open your browser and go to http://albertleonard.nred.org
2. Hover over your mouse cursor over "Student" and a menu will open. Click on "Successmaker" on the bottom of that menu.
3. On the "Log In" page, enter your Username (Student ID) and Password (Student ID), and then click "Log In."
4. Click your course's name on the "Assignments"page to launch the assignment.
To exit an assignment and log off the Student Interface:
1. Click the X (Close) to exit your course and preserve your session data.
2. Click "Log "Out" on the Student Interface page to log off SuccessMaker.
1. Go to www.castlelearning.com
2. Enter your child's CLO login ID and password* and click the Sign In button. *Note: If your child has not set a password, leave the password field blank for the first time and click Sign In. Then, follow the steps to create a password.
3. Assignments from teachers will appear near the top of the page under the section labeled Your Classes.
4. To generate an assignment without a teacher, select a Course to review in the middle of the Student Home Page and click the GO button. Once the screen refreshes your child can create an activity or review completed work.
5. Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ALMS - Common Core Learning Standards Power Point presentation
ALMS PTA meeting click here