Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year
ALMS Sports Announcement
- Any 7th and 8th grade students interested in playing fall sports at ALMS must register on “familyid.com”. The following teams are available in the fall: Girls Volleyball, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Cross Country, and Football. There will be informational meetings on the following days. If there are any questions please contact Mr. DeLuke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students will be able to purchase metrocards during their lunch periods.
- Students who purchased a metrocard online via the RevTrak system must bring a Proof of Purchase / Receipt / Screenshot of purchase confirmation
- Students MAY BOARD THE BUS without a metrocard during the first few days of schools
- Bee Lines Buses are public busses. Students must be at their designated bus stop prior to the arrival of their bus. Click here for the ALMS Bee Line Bus Schedule
Easing into the New Year:
- ALMS Staff will be flexible and understanding that our students will need time to learn to navigate their new schedules. Students will not be marked tardy during the first few days of school and we will access necessary transition time needs during our opening days.
All ALMS Students must have a CSDNR Issued Chromebook
To obtain a Chromebook, families must complete the CSDNR Student Device Loaner Google Form
Please contact the ALMS Main Office to confirm you've filled out the form so we may request the device from the Technology Department
September 10, 2021: First Day of School Student Orientation Day (Mailed 8/27/21)
- Click here for the ALMS 2021-2022 Back to School Letter with Orientation Schedule (English / Spanish)
- Click here for the 2021 ALMS Orientation Car Drop Off / Pick Up Locations Map
- Families may drop off students at either the Main Entrance or Sussex Road Rockwell House Entrance
2021 ALMS PTA Letter (Click Here)
CSDNR Safety Plan: Click Here to view CSDNR COVID-19 Safety Plan (Updated 9/3/21)
- Click Here to view the CSDNR COVID-19 Safety Strategies Re-Opening Protocols Document
Click Here for the 2021-2022 ALMS School Supply List
Home Access with 2021-2022 student schedules is now posted
- Click here for information on how to sign up for for Home Access
2021 Summer Assignments
|9th Grade Global Summer Assignment 2021.pdf (google doc link)|
2021-2022 Bell Schedule
Important Note Regarding Parental Involvement in Virtual/Remote Learning
We know how hard folks are working to create school environments at home and appreciate the efforts, set forth, to support teaching and learning during these challenging times. Please be reminded:
- Parents & guardians are not permitted to interrupt class to ask a question, or participate in the lesson during class time.
- Parents should refrain from typing comments or questions in the student platform.
- Only students should be participating in the Google Classroom platform.
- In the event that you have any questions or concerns, we remind folks of our requested protocol to address your inquiries:
- The first step is to always reach out directly to the classroom teacher or service provider with an email or call, and they will respond in a timely manner.
- All questions regarding scheduling should first be sent to your school counselor.
- If there is a question regarding curriculum, accelerated courses, and additional academic supports, our departmental chairs/directors/instructional supervisors are available to answer your inquiries.
- The next level of support would be to contact our grade level supervisors/assistant principals if you need assistance with fielding any pending concerns.
- The principal should be contacted if you still need assistance or if there is a time sensitive matter that has not been resolved.
2021-2022 Community Messages
- September 17, 2021 (Vaccination Site/Transportation/Schedules/Lunch Periods)
- September 17, 2021 (ALMS COVID Notification)
- September 14, 2021 (ALMS Arrival & Dismissal Updates)
- September 12, 2021 (ALMS: First Full Day of School is TOMORROW, 9/13/21)
- September 8, 2021 (Back to School Reminder: 9/10 Orientation Day, 9/13 First Full Day, Chromebooks)
- September 2, 2021 (REMINDER: ALMS Chromebook Distribution Tomorrow, 9/3/21 (8:30am - 12:00pm)
- August 27, 2021 (ALMS Chromebook Swap / Pickup)
Rising 6th Grade Orientation 2021
2021 ALMS Transition Ceremony Celebration Video
ALMS in Action
ALMS Scholastic Virtual Book Fair - 11/20-12/3
ALMS invites you to shop our Online Book Fair and support our school! The Fair runs from November 20 - December 3. Our Fair will feature a Virtual Fair walk-through so you and your kids can experience the magic of the school shopping experience: Browse titles by grade, meet popular authors, and much more! All purchases will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards!). Don’t miss these two weeks of events, fun, and books. https://www.scholastic.
com/bf/(link will be live on November 20) albertleonardmiddleschoolAlbert Leonard Middle School
Boston Model UN - Best Position Paper Winner
Congratulations to ALMS 6th Grader, Claire, who was recognized for her "Best Position Paper" at the ALMS Model UN conference in Boston, MA that took place from 1/31/20 - 2/2/20.Albert Leonard Middle School
Register for Sports using "FamilyID"
If you are interested in registering to participate on one of our athletic teams please see attached the "FamilyID" form.Albert Leonard Middle School
ALMS has created a TWITTER account!Dear ALMS Families,We are excited to announce that Albert Leonard Middle School has created a TWITTER account. As we explore new ways to reach parents and community members, we ask anyone signed up for twitter to please follow us at @ALMSNewRo - through Twitter!We are pleased to announce our first Upstander of the Week, Roan Etkin, Grade 8 ALMS student. Roan has earned two tickets to October 29th's Jets game and has had their name submitted to both The New York Jets Community Relations Department and our partner, STOMP Out Bullying. Roan is an advocate for all students.Our second Upstander of the Week, Jayden Lythcott, Grade 7 ALMS student. Congratulations Jayden for speaking up for what is right and for not ignoring justice! Jayden will also earn two tickets to the 10/29 Jets game and has had his name submitted to both the NY Jets Community Relations Dept. and our partner, STOMP Out Bullying.We will be highlighting a weekly upstander leading up to the big game on the 29th. Please stay tuned for more details and please plan on wearing BLUE on October 2nd, for STOMP Out Bullying's Blue Shirt Day, World Day of Bullying Prevention.Cheers to a great launch to a wonderful school year.With gratitude and enthusiasm,John Barnes, ALMS PrincipalAlbert Leonard Middle School
ENL Family Resources / Videos
NYSESLAT Test Information
The following videos are resources for our parents of students who are learning English as a new language.
In part 1, you will meet our ENL teachers and learn about the distance learning schedule, Google Classroom, technology resources, and reading habits at home.
In part 2, you will meet our school counselor, social worker, and attendance teacher to learn about the importance of attendance, transitioning to high school, the Home Access Center, Mifi devices and Chromebooks, and parenting and mental health challenges during COVID.
Los siguientes videos son recursos para nuestros padres de estudiantes que están aprendiendo inglés como un nuevo idioma.
En la parte 1, conocerá a nuestros maestros de ENL y aprenderá sobre el horario de aprendizaje a distancia, Google Classroom, recursos tecnológicos y hábitos de lectura en el hogar.
En la parte 2, conocerá a nuestro consejero escolar, trabajador social y maestro de asistencia para aprender sobre la importancia de la asistencia, la transición a la escuela secundaria, el Centro de acceso al hogar, los dispositivos Mifi y Chromebooks, y los desafíos de crianza y salud mental durante COVID.
Home Access Center for Parents and Guardians
Home Access Center for Parents and Guardians
Home Access Center is available for Parents/Guardians of children who attend schools in the City School District of New Rochelle. Parents/Guardians can view, online, their child's daily attendance, homeroom assignment with email links to their child's teacher, progress reports, report cards, and check emergency contact information.
Once the student enters grades 6-12, Parents/Guardians will be able to view their child's (live) period-by-period daily attendance, class schedule with email links to each of their child's teachers, GPA information, unofficial transcript information (to keep track of High School credits and Regents exams for graduation requirements), progress reports, report cards, and check emergency contact information.
Chromebook Assistance is Available
Do you have a Chromebook and need help? If you are looking for technical assistance with a Chromebook, please see the links below:
STOMP Out Bullying
Calendar of Events
Day 1Albert Leonard Middle School
Isaac E. Young Middle School
Isaac E. Young Start With Hello WeekCity School District of New Rochelle
Trinity Elementary School
Trinity Elementary Back to School Night K-2
Trinity Elementary Back to School Night K-2City School District of New Rochelle
Webster E.S. PTA Meeting
General MeetingCity School District of New Rochelle
Daniel Webster Elementary School
Webster International Day of PeaceCity School District of New Rochelle
Click and check out the Albert Leonard School Store for a wide variety of ALMS apparel! Every purchase helps support the ALMS Yearbook. Order today and show your ALMS school pride!
Who was Albert Leonard?